A few things to note as well:
- Source code => [compiler] => Machine Code
- One must recompile after making changes to the source code
- C is not dynamically typed!
- CLI - Command Line Interface
- I can now stop using
rm -r dir/ to remove directories in bash now as
rmdir dir/ would work just fine too
- Use prototyping to make the compiler aware of functions which may exist further down the source code
- Make use of the debugger!
- Typecasting – fancy term for describing conversion of values from one data type to another. Say, from String (
'18') to integer (
- Sentinel values – e.g.
\0, singinifies termination of some sort.
- Segmentation fault – an error which occurs when one’s program is trying to access memory which has not been allocated to it.